- 1 lb. medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/2 cup water divided
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey or sugar of choice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil optional
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup blanched broccoli florets
- Steamed white rice or noodles for serving
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add oil and shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until pink. Remove shrimp from pan and add 1/4 cup water, soy sauce, honey, garlic, sesame oil, and ginger and whisk to combine. Bring mixture to a boil.
- In a small bowl whisk together cornstarch and remaning1/4 cup water. Slowly whisk in the cornstarch mixture into the saucepan and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until thick.
- Return shrimp to pan along with 1 cup of blanched broccoli and coat evenly with sauce. Serve rice, noodles or a salad. Enjoy!